Order Registry (LPOR)
to Information in the Louisiana Protective Order Registry
has access to the registry?
- Court systems and criminal justice agencies ONLY
; not accessible to the general public
- Law enforcement agencies access ACTIVE ORDERS
ONLY through the Dept. of Public Safety and Corrections
& network via Mobile Terminal Unit, or State Terminal
- LINXX-2000 software
- Others (courts, prosecutors, probation & parole personnel)
access ACTIVE AND ARCHIVED ORDERS through
CMIS (Court Management Information Systems)
- CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Systems) connections,
after establishing an account.Access to CMIS will be established
directly, via a wide area network, or indirectly, via modem
do I get an account?
- Sign a user/site agreement with CMIS and La. State Police
- Submit to fingerprint and background checks (no felony
- Allow a site review of security, policies and procedures
- Attend class on state and federal privacy regulations
- Pass a user test
must be currently transmitting protective orders and criminal
dispositions data to CMIS!
What is the
information used for?
- Law enforcement: to learn terms and conditions of active
orders of protection
- Courts: docket preparation, review prior to setting bond/bail
- All transactions are logged and subject to audit by State
- Violations may result in termination of access for the
user, agency or site.
of searches can be made?
- The registry can be searched for orders by the defendant's
name or the protected person's name.
- Soundex search capability: results include names that
"sound like" the requested name
- Identifying information (sex, race, date of birth) is
critical for locating correct parties
- List of all orders involving the subject of the search
(defendant, or protected person)
- Summary text of a selected order
- Fax-back option: can have a copy of the order faxed to
- Service information, if available.
information is available via CMIS CJIS system?
- Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV) information
- NCIC (National Crime Information Center)
- FBI Query Wanted and Protection Order File
- State Criminal History Records (CHR)
Need more information?
Director Frank DiFulco
Office phone (504) 310-2561
Louisiana Protective Order Registry is a project of
the Office of the Judicial Administrator, Supreme Court of