Order Registry (LPOR)
Security Tips for Victims of Abuse Viewing this Web Site
When you visit
sites on the internet, the computer you are using keeps a
record of the pages you have viewed. If you do not want others
who share the computer with you to know which sites you have
visited, there are several steps you can take.
1. Determine which web browser you are using. The browser name
is found on the top bar of your computer screen when you are
2. Follow the instructions below once you have finished viewing
any pages of interest on this web site.
- Under Tools menu, choose Delete Browsing History
- Choose Temporary Internet Files, History, Form Data
- Click Delete
- At top of Firefox window, click on Firefox menu
- Choose History menu and select Clear Recent History (for Windows XP, at top of Firefox menu, click on Tools menu, choose Clear Recent History)
- Select how much history you want to clear -- click on dropdown menu next to Time Range to Clear and click on your selection
- Click Clear Now
- Click the wrench icon on the toolbar, select Tools
- Select Clear Browsing Data
- Check Clear Browsing History
- Use menu at top to select amount of data to delete
- Click Clear Browsing Data
- Click on History at top of screen
- Recent websites will appear in dropdown menu
- Choose Clear History at the bottom of dropdown menu
- In top menu bar choose icon that indicates “more” (3 dots, i.e., …)
- Choose Settings from dropdown menu
- Choose Clear Browsing Data, then select “Choose what to clear”
- After making selection, click on Clear
- Try using the directions above for your browser program.
If these do not apply to your program, try searching in
the browser’s Help menu for instructions on how to
clear or erase the cache and history.
- Download files or forms to a disk rather than the hard
- If you delete files or forms from the hard drive, be
sure to empty the Trash/Recycle Bin.
Louisiana Protective Order Registry is a project of the Office
of the Judicial Administrator, Supreme Court of Louisiana