NEW: The Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center (LSU Law Center) is the site where the Louisiana Supreme Court held court in Baton Rouge as part of an ongoing effort to educate and inform students about the work of the Court
COURT CLOSURE ORDERS:
COURT CLOSURE ORDERS (January 2017)
- Louisiana Supreme Court Closure - Due to inclement weather and the potential of road closures in the surrounding area, the Louisiana Supreme Court will close at 3:00pm today (1/6/2017). Filings which are due today will be considered timely if filed on Monday (1/9/2017). Please note items may still be filed electronically for registered users.
- First Circuit Court of Appeal Court Closure Order (1:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- Baker City Court Closure Order (12:30 pm, 1/6/2017)
- 10th JDC Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
- 18th JDC Court Closure Order (12:30 pm, 1/6/2017)
- 19th JDC Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
- East Baton Rouge Family Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
- East Baton Rouge Juvenile Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
- Baton Rouge City Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
- St. Tammany Parish Courthouse and St. Tammany Parish Clerk's Office Closure Order (1:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- Washington Parish Courthouse and Washington Parish Clerk's Office Closure Order (1:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- 28th JDC Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
- 30th JDC Court Closure Order (2:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- Opelousas City Court Closure Order (1:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- 33rd JDC Court Closure Order (2:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- 35th JDC Court Closure Order (2:00 pm, 1/6/2017)
- 36th JDC Court Closure Order (1:30 pm, 1/6/2017)
- Pineville City Court Closure Order (12 noon, 1/6/2017)
Law Library of Louisiana Closure Information - The Library will be closing early
at 3:00 PM,
Friday, January 6, 2017. We will resume normal hours
Monday, January 9, 2017.
Forms for Louisiana Clerks of Court
Louisiana Judicial College 50 Cent Court Cost Remittance Form (Form A) Revised August 2016 (pdf) (Fillable PDF form)
Revised Monthly Civil Case Reporting Form (pdf) (Fillable PDF form)
Acts 403 & 404 Reporting Form - Civil Case Commitment Reporting for Submission to NICS
Acts 403 & 404 - Commitment - Restoration of Weapons Rights Reporting for Submission to NICS
Report of the Supreme Court of Louisiana to the Louisiana Legislature in Response to H.R. No. 156 of the 2014 Regular Legislative Session
Louisiana Court Interpreter Training Program Information & Registration
(Training/Testing Calendar- 2017)
The Louisiana Supreme Court has enacted Part G, Section 13 of this Court’s General Administrative Rules and Louisiana Civil Case Reporting Form for use in reporting on any case that “has been filed in state district court for damages arising from an offense or quasi-offense.”
Financial Rule for Judges, Justices of the Peace, and Judicial Candidates
List of Delinquent Filers (updated 07/07/16)
PLEASE NOTE: Please be advised that an e-mail is circulating purporting to be a Pretrial Notice for an appearance in “The Court of Louisiana.” Please be aware that this e-mail did not originate from the Louisiana Supreme Court. Additionally, please be aware that any attachment associated with this e-mail may contain a virus and those receiving an e-mail similar to the above should not open the attachment.
2013-C -2879 [PARENTS OF MINOR CHILD] v. GEORGE J. CHARLET, JR., DECEASED, CHARLET FUNERAL HOME, INC., [THE PRIEST], AND THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF THE DIOCESE OF BATON ROUGE (Parish of E. Baton Rouge)
WEIMER, J., recused.
HUGHES, J., concurs and assigns reasons.
Supreme Court Report in Response to HCR 143
Notice of Public Hearing - HCR 143 Committee - January 23, 2014 (pdf)
HCR 143 Meeting Notice - Presentation (pdf)
Release Alert Service
to the news release alert service and receive
an e-mail each time a news release is posted
on the court's web site.
News Release alerts are also available through
the Supreme Court's RSS service. The News Release
RSS feed is free of charge, for individual,
non-commercial use and users may incorporate
the RSS feed into their preferred newsreaders
and web logs.