RULES OF SUPREME COURT OF LOUISIANA
PART H. RULES FOR CONTINUING
(1) All Members residing outside of
the State and not engaged in the practice of law in Louisiana.
(2) All Members who demonstrate to the
satisfaction of the Committee that meeting these requirements would work an
undue hardship by reason of disability, sickness, or other clearly mitigating
(3) Active duty Members in the United
States armed forces.
(4) Members of the United States Congress.
(5) All Members who have attained the
age of sixty-five (65) years.
(6) All federal judges and magistrates.
(7) Members licensed to practice law
in the State of Louisiana residing in the state but not engaged in the practice
of law in Louisiana may qualify for restricted status and may be granted a waiver
of compliance with the educational requirements of these Rules. This exemption
shall not apply to law clerks.
Regulation 2.1. Non-resident
attorneys from other jurisdictions who are temporarily admitted to practice
for a particular case or proceeding shall not be subject to these Rules.
Regulation 2.2. Members who are exempt from the requirements of these Rules are nonetheless encouraged to attend and participate in CLE programs.