The Louisiana Supreme Court Information Technology Department located in the French Quarter has immediate openings for experienced .Net programmers. Successful candidates will have a strong work ethic, as well as the desire to learn new technologies and concepts within a collaborative team environment. Reporting to the Manager of Applications Architecture, these positions will assist with the design and development of new applications; support and maintain existing, as well as new Microsoft .Net and SharePoint applications and provide technical support to internal and external users. Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people; as well as respond effectively to changing needs and priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 or higher with the ability to connect to various databases and perform the following tasks:
o Use Transact SQL and SQL Reports to create various queries and s reports
o Create user defined functions and stored procedures for use in applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio 2008 or higher; Team Foundation Server 2008 or higher and MS Access 2007 or higher in order to perform the following tasks:
o Create client based applications using MS Access connecting to a SQL database
o Create and deploy web based applications using .Net, Visual Basic and/or C#
o Trouble shoot problems with existing applications written in MS Access, .Net, SharePoint, Visual Basic and C#
- Working knowledge of IIS 7 or higher, Active Directory and Windows Security concepts
- Experience in ETL (Extract Transform Load) Technology preferred
- Awareness of PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, application software and some network troubleshooting.
- Awareness of the PC Industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems as well as have the ability to research, understand and create detailed technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Ability to perform tasks such as providing application software installations and upgrades, virus protection and eradication.
- Able to interact effectively with management, staff and other court personnel, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or higher experience.
- Microsoft Certification(s) in the area of application development is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in .Net application development and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Mathematics or Engineering related field preferred.
- SharePoint application development and support also desired.
Excellent benefits and working conditions, including paid parking. Salary DOE. Candidates must pass background check. Please send résumé to email@example.com and reference JOB #IT—PA when applying. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. EOE/M/F/V/D.