JUDICIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM ATTORNEY
The Judicial College of the Louisiana Supreme Court is currently seeking a qualified individual to develop and implement high quality judicial education programs, including faculty development, curriculum development, and course assessment. Responsibilities also include assisting with: budget management; special projects; statistical data and analysis; and speaker/presenter selection. Some travel is required. Relocation expenses will not be covered.
Daily work will include the following:
- Provides support to the Executive Director as needed.
- Reviews and updates education materials.
- Researches, drafts and edits faculty materials, ensuring accuracy of all information.
- Drafts/revises course curricula as necessary based upon needs assessments and evaluations.
- Works as on-site staff at seminars to support Judicial College faculty/presenters.
- Develops program and grant budgets, when applicable.
- Assists in marketing and program development; develops and coordinates promotional materials such as brochures and postcards.
- Attends workshops, seminars and professional meetings and participates in regional and national associations that relate to judicial education.
- Prepares reports as requested by the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants must have a law degree from an ABA accredited law school and have passed the Bar. Experience in Louisiana Law and LSBA membership preferred. Must also be extremely proficient with excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. CJE/CLE program design experience preferred.
Excellent benefits and paid parking. Salary commensurate with experience. Please email resumes with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job JCPA2018 when responding to this ad. Responses from interested candidates will be accepted until July 22, 2018. EOE M/F/V/D
The Supreme Court of Louisiana has an immediate opening for an experienced professional to serve as a project Data Architect. This position will serve as the data architect for the Court Case Management Information Systems (CMIS) office which is responsible for receiving and processing data from all courts in Louisiana and will be responsible for recommending and implementing the design of a data architecture strategy optimized for data integration, data quality analysis, and performance reporting; must have the ability to apply relevant technical skills to complex data challenges.
The Data Architect would:
- Conduct analysis (business needs and business impact, risk, cost-benefit) for all options;
- Determine best solutions;
- Identify best practices;
- Gain leadership approval to implement solutions;
- Design architecture and integration frameworks;
- Create test environments for solutions to gain understanding of applicability in current IT environment and acquire team acceptance of approaches;
- Work with team members to create project plans including team work assignments;
- Provide cross-training to the project team members;
- Continue to support solution until such time as other members of the technical/programming teams are ready to assume maintenance and support functions on a full-time basis.
Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or combination of certifications, education, and experience along with at least five years of related experience in data modeling, normalization, and data warehousing; proven success in implementations and management of data architecture deployments; understanding and business knowledge of court processes and/or criminal justice systems preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits including paid parking in the French Quarter. Candidates must pass background check. Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com Referencing Job DATA-ARCH2018 in the subject line to apply. PRINCIPALS ONLY….NO THIRD PARTY APPLICATION. EOE M/F/V/D
LOUISIANA SUPREME COURT
COURT ASSISTANT CLERK
The Clerk’s Office of the Louisiana Supreme Court seeks an Assistant Clerk to perform a variety of specialized clerical and secretarial duties, which include processing cases, verifying compliance with court rules, entering, retrieving and compiling legal information. Will also be responsible for assisting the public at the counter, stamping filed documents, and entering a high volume of case data with accuracy into a computer system. Three years progressively responsible clerical experience required. Experience in a legal organization or court helpful, as well as familiarity with legal terminology. Testing may be required. Excellent benefits (health, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement) and paid parking. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business July 30, 2018. Please reference job SC-AC9-2018 when responding to this ad. EOE/M/F/V/D
The Judicial Administratorís Office of the Louisiana Supreme Court is currently seeking a Research Attorney under the direction of the General Counsel. This position will handle general legal research, writing, review and drafting of court rules, and other projects as assigned by the General Counsel or Judicial Administrator. Requirements include the ability to analyze complex, unusual problems, develop creative solutions and meet deadlines with minimum supervision. Must be able to draft written communications and make presentations to all levels of the organization. Must be a strong team player with the ability to multi-task and work effectively with judges, other attorneys, court officials and staff. Excellent, self-sufficient computer skills including all Microsoft applications required. The ideal candidate should have a Juris Doctor degree plus a minimum of three (3) years legal experience. Must be a current member, in good standing with the Louisiana State Bar Association.
To apply for this position, applicants MUST send a resume including academic highlights, legal experience and references along with a writing sample of your own work via email to Human Resources at email@example.com and must reference job RESATTJA2018 in the subject line. All applicant materials should be received by August 3, 2018 for consideration. EOE/M/F/V/D